Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mahons In The Morning

It's been raining, on and off, for nearly two weeks here in Sydney. The ocean's been pretty rough as well. As a result, I haven't been swimming for quite some time. I missed the last weekend of the season at Balmain Baths because of heavy rain and stormwater pollution. The only swim I managed was on a bushwalk to Kingfisher Pool in the drizzle.

Until today....


Mahon's Pool from the cliff path

Finally, Sydney had a sunny day, so I went swimming in Mahon's Pool. The rock pool is just up the coast from Maroubra Beach (you can just make out the beach in the photo). Today, most of the surfers seemed to have decided it was almost winter and were wearing wetsuits. The seawater, however, is still 23 degrees celsius. Even the air temperature got up to 27 degrees.


The water was clear and warm

I swam front crawl, breaststroke, sidestroke and even a half-hearted backstroke. Then I just floated in the water for ages. I really didn't want to leave. Especially as the rain is supposed to return tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. that pool looks lovely Chris, those australians know how to make the most of the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, isn't it? I've certainly missed it recently.

    ReplyDelete