Friday, January 11, 2019

Just When I Thought It Was All Over

When I first started this silly escapade, I hadn't even heard of Google Maps. To find the location of the ocean pools and tidal baths, I mostly used the Gregory's Street Directory. So it was something of a surprise to me that, when I was using Google Maps to search for an address in Maroubra, I saw an ocean pool that I'd never heard of before, the Rob Walker Rock Pool. I couldn't find very much information on the pool, just a few notes from walkers, so I decided to go and see for myself.

It was quite easy to find in the end. It's not a formal pool at all, more of a simple rock pool like the Ivor Rowe pool further along the coast. There was lots of sea life in the pool on the day I went there, and the high temperatures led me to sit in the pool feeling the spray from the waves long after I'd finished my obligatory length.


Another pool to add to the list


The Rob Walker Rock Pool

No comments:

Post a Comment